The first church construction in Dierhagen was a Protestant chapel built 1595/96.
The current church is a new building which was consecrated on the 22nd December, 1850.
The inner part of the church is rather simple styled. The most eye-catching decoration of the church is an ancient ships model. It is a model of a Dierhagen fregate from 1799.
The ship was presented from Dierhagen seamen who were hided against the compulsory recruitment of the french troups from village people in 1811. The seamen were hided in the forest nearby.